Get your mojo going with this tangy, tasty, traditional Cuban mojo sauce marinade combining fresh citrus, oil, herbs and lots of garlic. The citrus provides acidity, perfect for tenderizing meats. The oil holds the seasonings together and provides extra moisture to the meat. And the herbs and garlic provide mouth-watering flavor. We’ve used a base blend in this recipe but suggest experimenting for what suits your taste – cumin, jalapenos, even a little chopped mint are all excellent additions. When using the mojo marinade, let meats soak for a few hours to overnight, but only allow seafood to marinate about an hour.
Looking for another delicious use for Mojo Sauce Marinade? Try our Whole Grill-Roasted Chicken Recipe which can be basted with Mojo Sauce throughout grilling for an even more flavorful bird.
PREP TIME60 - 180 min
COOK TIME30 min
TOTAL TIME3 hrs 30 min
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 8-10 gloves garlic, mashed
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. cilantro
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine or use a food processor for a thicker marinade or sauce.
- Transfer marinade to a large resealable bag and add preferred protein; let marinate for at least 1 hour to overnight.
- Remove protein when marinated and grill until cooked.