Celebrate National Apricot Day with this delicious marinade. The light fruity flavor of the apricot combines with tangy vinegar and spices for a sweet and savory combination perfect for your BBQ chicken and beyond.
- ¾ cup dried apricots
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. molasses
- 1 ½ tsp. dried ground mustard
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Rehydrate apricots by soaking in water at least one hour, then drain and use a food processor to blend into a paste.
- In a pot, combine apricot paste, ketchup, water, vinegar, molasses, ground mustard, onion powder and garlic powder. Bring just to a boil, and then simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool and then try your marinade on chicken or shrimp!