An update on coronavirus (COVID-19)
Your health and well-being are what matter most.
AmeriGas is closely monitoring coronavirus developments, and remains committed to the health and safety of our customers and employees. To minimize disruption to your service, we have implemented many business continuity plans across the country to support your families and business throughout this unprecedented event. Many families are spending more time in their home than normal due to school closings, work from home, etc.; if you are on will call and have chosen to gauge your usage (vs. automatic deliveries), we suggest that you closely monitor your tank level to ensure your household continues to have propane supply.
You can count on us.
Our Company is fully enabled to support you during this challenging time, and we are not expecting any delivery suspensions or supply issues. We are working with our suppliers to ensure continuity of supply and leveraging our proprietary trucking, rail and terminal to compliment this effort. We will continue to be transparent and communicate with you promptly on continued developments and/or concerns.
We're here for you.
Through these uncertain times, we understand our customers may need support who have experienced a financial hardship due to the coronavirus. AmeriGas has suspended late fees for through 6/30/2020 for customers experiencing financial hardship from the coronavirus.
Payment programs we have in place to support you.
We offer various payment options for customers in need on a case by case basis. When it comes to payment programs, we know that one size doesn’t fit all. For our customers looking for a budget-friendly option, we recommend checking out our Convenience Pay Program that sets monthly payments for you, with no settle-ups or surprises. If you enroll today, your first payment isn’t due until the end of next month. Click to apply. Existing Customers can login to learn more about Convenience Pay.
Manage your propane activity anywhere, anytime.
Using MyAmeriGas, you can schedule a delivery, pay your bills, view account information, review past activity and update your contact information. Visit www.amerigas.com/about-myamerigas.
Precautions we are taking.
• We are monitoring information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and federal, state and local agencies.
• We are communicating regularly with our employees to keep them informed and to ensure their safety and that of our customers.
• We have backup support in coronavirus hotspots as well as remote access for call centers and other operating areas.
• We are adhering to the advice to practice “social distancing” so while standard propane deliveries will continue as usual, we are limiting certain activities at our district locations to protect our customers, employees and the public.
• Out of an abundance of caution for our customers and colleagues, our districts are temporarily closed for walk-in traffic. Call your local office to determine if propane cylinder exchange or fill-up is available.
• We are no longer accepting cash payments. We have several convenient options for you to pay your bill including online at MyAmerigas.com, check, phone, money order and through your local bank.
• If your stores run out of cylinders, please fill out this form for a delivery.
Recommendations for our customers.
• For the latest information on coronavirus, visit the CDCs website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
• Increased activity at home due to school closures, work from home, etc. can change consumption patterns. If you are a will call customer, closely monitor your tank level to ensure you have enough propane supply.
• If you do not have an online account, we recommend you visit www.myamerigas.com and create your account so that you can view account information, request a delivery, review past activity, pay your bill and much more.
• If you are a pay in advance customer, you can submit online using your bank account or credit card.
• Check our website for updated information at www.amerigas.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I sign up for MyAmeriGas online Account Management?
Visit www.amerigas.com/about-myamerigas. To create an online account, you will need your account number and zip code.
How can I schedule a delivery?
Will-call customers can request a delivery online at any time using your MyAmeriGas account. For customers with automatic delivery, you can also see if an upcoming delivery is scheduled on MyAmeriGas. Deliveries can also be scheduled through your local office.
Other than online, is there another way to pay my bill?
Checks may be mailed directly to the address on the remit portion of the invoice with the envelope provided with your invoice. You can also make a payment over the phone by calling (866) 243-5470 (press option 2 for payments). Please keep in mind the simplest and most convenient way to pay your bill is to go online through MyAmeriGas.
Do you offer any payment assistance?
It may help to know that AmeriGas typically accepts energy assistance payments. If you receive energy assistance, please notify your local AmeriGas office. Proof of assistance is required to be provided by any organization providing payment assistance. For your convenience, we've included information below regarding LIHEAP and 211 that may also be helpful.
- The purpose of LIHEAP is to assist households with low incomes, particularly those with the lowest incomes that pay a high proportion of household income for home energy, primarily in meeting their immediate home energy needs. https://liheappm.acf.hhs.gov/navigator
- 211 is a free, confidential referral and information helpline and website that connects people of all ages and from all communities to the essential health and human services they need, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. 211 can be accessed by phone or computer. Go online to https://www.unitedway.org/our-impact/featured-programs/2-1-1.
Where can I find a propane cylinder exchange or refill location?
The location finder on our website enables you to easily find the closest cylinder exchange or refill location. Visit https://www.amerigas.com/propane-locations and click on the appropriate icon.