Turkey sliders are a delicious, healthy and fun dish for a summer dinner or BBQ. We’ve started with about a pound of lean turkey, then added ingredients that help the meat retain moisture. And for an even lighter option, try mini whole wheat pitas or even lettuce leaves instead of the traditional bun.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 8 whole wheat buns
- 1 egg
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Mix turkey, egg, olive oil, onion, Worchester sauce, salt, garlic powder and pepper together in a bowl, making sure not to overwork the turkey.
- Form meat into 8 patties, pressing your thumb down in the middle to give it a small indent.
- Grill burgers for 2-3 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 165.
- Remove from grill and assemble burgers with your favorite toppings.