Meaty swordfish, fresh herbs and tangy citrus flavors combine to make one special dish. It may sound and look impressive when complete, but this #FoilFridays favorite is easy to make.
PREP TIME5 - 10 min
COOK TIME22 min
TOTAL TIME32 min
- 2 swordfish steaks, about 2 lbs. total
- 3 cups fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup olive oil
- Preheat grill to low.
- Make foil packet by laying a piece of foil on a flat surface and turning up the edges slightly to hold the ingredients in while prepping. Tear off a similarly sized piece of foil and set aside as the top of the packet. Repeat to create two packets.
- Brush both sides of the swordfish with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, then place in foil packets. Place the other piece of foil on top, and fold the edges together to create a packet. Repeat for both packets.
- Place the packets on the grill, grilling on low heat for about 20-22 minutes.
- Make the pesto by blending basil, garlic, lemon and orange juice and zest, pine nuts, salt and pepper in a food processer; then gradually add in olive oil blending until smooth.
- Remove the swordfish once cooked, carefully opening the packets. Top with pesto and enjoy!