Pour yourself a pint of your favorite stout, and then pour another to pair with this flavorful take on grilled leg of lamb. Dark beer combined with garlic, honey and fresh herbs will not disappoint.
PREP TIME150 - 180 min
COOK TIME50 min
TOTAL TIME3 hrs 50 min
- 3 ½ lbs. leg of lamb, boneless
- 1 cup favorite stout
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp. gin
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- ½ lb. cherry tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. rosemary, fresh
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, fresh
- 2 cloves, ground
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. cardamom, ground
- 1 tsp. white pepper, ground
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Pat boneless leg of lamb dry and place in a shallow pan, brushing with olive oil and seasoning with salt and black pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix together stout, gin, honey, garlic, herbs and spices. Pour half of the marinade over the one side of the lamb and half over the other, making sure it is well-coated. Add onions and carrots to pan.
- Place pan in refrigerator and marinate for at least two hours. Remove once ready and let sit for 30 minutes before grilling.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place lamb on grill and cook for about 15-20 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Remove from grill once cooked and place on cutting board; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Season tomatoes with salt and pepper and grill until they begin to blister; remove from grill.
- To serve, cut lamb into slices and serve with grilled tomatoes. Enjoy!