Put down the breadcrumbs and pick up the fresh herbs to create a perfect, savory pork chop dinner tonight. We suggest a beautiful bone-in chop, paired with garlic, fresh sage and rosemary. If you’re feeling extra-saucy, after removing your cooked chops from the skillet, deglaze the pan with a little white wine and butter to create a light sauce for serving.
- 2 bone-in pork chops
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 10 sage leaves
- 4-5 small sprigs rosemary
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat oil over a medium-high grill, then place in the chops.
- Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until just golden brown.
- Add oil, butter, garlic, sage and rosemary to skillet, stirring ingredients as the butter melts, and spooning over the chops.
- Turn off the grill, put the cover down and let sit for 8-10 minutes.
- Ensure internal temperature has reached at least 145 degrees before removing and serving – enjoy!