Celebrate America with our Red, White & Blue Cheese Burger. Mix up our variation of a ground beef burger patty or use your favorite recipe variation. Then pile on the patriotism in the form of red tomato and lettuce, white onions and savory blue cheese.
PREP TIME5 min
COOK TIME10 min
TOTAL TIME15 min
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 red tomato sliced
- 4 pieces red leaf lettuce
- 1 white onion sliced
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 4 hamburger buns
- Heat the grill to medium-high.
- In a bowl, mix ground beef, egg, garlic powder and bread crumbs well, then form into 4 patties.
- Grill patties for about 4 minutes per side, or to desired temperature, placing blue cheese on each patty about 1 minute before cooking is complete to let melt.
- Toast buns on grate while the cheese is melting.
- Assemble the burgers onto the buns, then top with lettuce, tomato and onion. Hint: breaded and fried onion slices are also excellent as a topper!