Recipe Difficulty: Easy
Celebrate the fall season by baking up a batch of Pumpkin Spice Muffins – on your gas grill! These moist and fluffy muffins have all the sweet spiciness of your favorite PSL baked into the batter, with a topping of course natural sugar that caramelizes to form a satisfying bit of crunch.
We suggest using the indirect method of grilling if your gas grill has multiple burners, or you can elevate your muffin tin away from the grate using another grill-safe pan. For more information on using your grill to bake everything from birthday cakes to chocolate chip cookies, read these tips for turning your grill into an oven.
PREP TIME15 - 20 min
COOK TIME25 min
TOTAL TIME45 min
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup milk, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Raw natural sugar, for topping
- Prepare your grill for indirect grilling at about 400 degrees with the lid closed. For instance, on a 3-burner grill, turn the outside burners on, but leave the middle burner completely off.
- Line a grill-safe 12-cup muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice; set aside. In another medium bowl, whisk together sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, oil, eggs, milk and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and fold together until combined.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin tin cups, then sprinkle each with a generous topping of raw sugar.
- Place muffin tin over unlit burner, close the lid and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out cleanly.
- Remove the muffins from grill and allow to cool completely before serving.
- Double down on that scrumptious pumpkin spice flavor and pair your muffins with our Grilled Pumpkin Spice Latte for a truly sweet breakfast.