Autumn has arrived, which means everyone’s favorite drink is back! Give your standard PSL some extra TLC with grilled, smoky pumpkin mixed in with rich espresso, and topped with sweet whipped cream and caramel sauce.
GRILLED PUMPKIN INGREDIENTS
- 1 small baking pumpkin, skinned and sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 4 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tbsp. allspice
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 shots of espresso
- 1 cup foamed milk
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- Whipped cream, optional
- Caramel sauce, optional
- To grill pumpkin, turn half of grill burners onto medium heat.
- In a bowl, combine pumpkin slices, melted butter and spices and mix together.
- Place pumpkin slices on a foil pan and cook on indirect heat of grill with the lid closed for about 40 minutes, or until a knife can cut into pumpkin slices with ease.
- Remove pumpkin from grill and allow to cool. Purée slices in a blender until smooth, set mixture aside for later.
- To make the pumpkin syrup, add sugar to ¼ cup of water in a pot. Heat on medium without stirring, only swirling the pot occasionally until combined, and allow liquid to boil. Continue to heat for about 10 minutes, swirling as needed, until sugar caramelizes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in 1/4 cup of the grilled pumpkin purée, spices and 1/4 cup water. Transfer to a heatproof jar and allow to cool.
- To make latte, add 2 shots of espresso (or 1/2 cup brewed coffee) and 1 tbsp. of the pumpkin syrup to a mug. Then add in foamed milk of your choosing. If desired, top with whipped cream and caramel sauce. Enjoy!