Whether you're looking for a new holiday favorite or a delicious comfort food, this simple Autumn pumpkin soup is sure to be a hit. Enjoy it yourself today!
COOK TIME1 hrs 0 min
TOTAL TIME1 hrs 0 min
- 1 large sugar pumpkin
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Sea salt
- Garlic croutons, for garnish
- Black olives, halved, for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Wash pumpkin well, then cut vertically into 1” slices, removing seeds.
- Brush both sides of pumpkin with olive oil, then grill for about 5 minutes per side, or until pumpkin is tender and grill marks appear.
- Remove the pumpkin, remove skin, and then puree in a food processor; set aside.
- In a grill-safe wok, melt butter; add the onion, and then sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, brown sugar, cinnamon, pepper and nutmeg, cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin puree and chicken stock, stir in salt, and then simmer over indirect medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream until well mixed.
- In 6 large bowls, divide soup mixture, and then top with garlic croutons and black olives.
- Serve and enjoy!