Looking for a light, quick summer meal? Ditch the meat and the bread, opting for a full vedge burger instead. This guilt-free sandwich uses portobellos as the buns with a mix of fresh veggies and a little cheese, but you can experiment with any ingredients you like.
Serving: Makes 2 burgers
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 2 avocadoes
- 1 tomato
- 6-8 leaves of fresh basil
- 2 slices fresh mozzarella
- 3 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Brush portobello mushrooms with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, then grill about 3 minutes per side.
- While grilling, prepare guacamole by combining avocado, cilantro, red onion and lime juice.