Move over traditional popsicles and make way for delicious and healthy pineapple skewers as the perfect sweet treat to end a BBQ meal. Just a few simple ingredients are needed for this refreshing dessert, plus wooden skewers that make it oh-so-easy to eat. Just don’t forget to soak your skewers before grilling.
- 1 fresh pineapple, refrigerated
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (or honey if preferred)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees.
- Cut fresh, cold pineapple into large spears.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large plastic bag, then add pineapple spears and shake to coat.
- Skewer each pineapple spear, then grill for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until grill marks form.
- Remove and enjoy!