Cool down on a hot summer day with this twist on the classic mojito. Added pineapple and wine give an extra refreshing “aaah” after each sip.
Makes: 4 servings
Time: 25 minutes (not including marinating in refrigerator)
- 2 limes, sliced
- 1 fresh pineapple, sliced
- 20 mint leaves, stripped
- 3 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 500 ml white wine
- 1/3 cup white rum
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 1/2 cups lemon lime soda
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Core and peel your pineapple, and then slice into 1” thick rings, save a few slices for later. Grill remaining pineapple for 4-5 minutes per side, until grill marks develop and the fruit begins to soften. Remove and let cool in the refrigerator. Once cooled, cut a few grilled pineapple slices into chunks for each glass.
- Cut un-grilled pineapple into chunks for muddling.
- In a pitcher, muddle the lime slices, mint leaves and sugar. Then add the pineapple chunks, white wine, white rum and pineapple juice.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 5 hours, until ingredients marinate together.
- Remove pitcher from refrigerator and add lemon lime soda, ice and grilled pineapple chunks.
- Garnish with additional mint leaves and grilled pineapple rings. Enjoy!