This homemade pina colada recipe combines real grilled pineapple with the sweet ingredients of a traditional pina colada cocktail recipe to create a refreshing drink for a hot summer day.
- 1 pineapple, cut in to rings
- 2 oz. white run
- 2 oz. cream of coconut
- 1 oz. lime juice
- Crushed ice
- Grill pineapple rings on medium-high heat for about three minutes or until grill marks appear. Set some rings aside for garnish.
- Let pineapple cool and puree remaining rings in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add 2 tbsps. of the blended pineapple, rum, cream of coconut and lime juice to a shaker with ice. Shake well, then strain into glasses filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish with a piece of grilled pineapple and enjoy!