A classic party staple, these salty little snacks that are a snap to make, will get snapped up at your next tailgate. Might want to double the recipe!Original Recipe
PREP TIME5 - 10 min
COOK TIME15 min
TOTAL TIME25 min
- 1 package store-bought pastry dough or crescent roll dough
- 1 package miniature hot dogs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. water
- Sea salt
- Unroll dough and cut length-wise into 1-inch strips.
- Pierce each mini hot dog twice with a fork then individually wrap with strips of dough by placing on the end of the strip and rolling twice until hot dogs is completely covered. Cut off any excess dough and use to wrap any other hot dogs that may be left over.
- Beat egg and water to create an egg wash. Brush tops of pigs in a blanket and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place pigs in a blanket evenly on a sheet of tin foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and set on grill.
- Cook on high heat for 12-15 minutes or until dough turns a golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces and enjoy!