Smooth, nutty peanut butter combines with garlic and red pepper to make a perfectly spiced, completely unexpected sauce for chicken.
Makes: 2 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- In a pot, combine peanut butter, water, soy sauce, garlic, lemon, brown sugar and red pepper flakes, cooking over medium-high for 5-6 minutes.
- Slice chicken into strips or chunks, and then thread onto skewers. If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them beforehand.
- Grill chicken skewers for 6-8 minutes, turning and basting with half the sauce as the chicken grills.
- Place chicken skewers on a platter to serve, and drizzle remaining sauce. Enjoy!