Try this mouthwatering new twist on your old favorite pie. Both the peaches and the pie are cooked on the grill, making for a delicious gooey filling and a perfectly golden crust. Unexpectedly amazing.
PREP TIME5 min - 10 min
COOK TIME1 hrs 35 min
TOTAL TIME1 hrs 45 min
- 10 medium peaches
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 15 oz. package of refrigerated pie crust
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat your grill to medium.
- Peel and pit the peaches, then slice them in half and brush the cut side with olive oil. Grill cut side down until slightly softened and charred, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the peaches and cut into smaller wedges. In a bowl, combine peaches with sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and cornstarch.
- Prepare the crust by rolling out each piece on a floured surface to about 12-inches in diameter. Cut several small slits in one piece of crust; this will be the top piece.
- Coat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray, then line the skillet with the bottom piece of crust.
- Spoon the peach mixture onto the bottom crust in skillet. Place the top crust over the peach mixture, and crimp the edges of crust together with a fork. Beat the egg and brush over the top crust.
- Place the skillet on the grill, cover and grill about 1-1/2 hours, rotating once halfway through. The crust will be a golden brown and the filling bubbling when done.
- Remove from grill and allow pie to cool for about ½ hour before serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.