Enjoy this quick and healthy take on a classic! These grilled mushroom pizzas take less than 20 minutes to go from grill to table. All you need is your favorite pizza toppings, portobello caps, and your grill.
- 6 portobello mushroom caps, cleaned
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- 2 tbsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 ½ cups pizza sauce
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of your choice – here we used red onion, cherry tomatoes, green olives and basil
- Rub olive oil on both sides of mushroom caps, then sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- Grill mushroom caps cavity side down on medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until tender.
- Remove mushroom caps from grill and flip so they are cavity side up.
- Evenly fill each mushroom cap with pizza sauce and sprinkle with red pepper flakes for an extra kick.
- Top each mushroom pizza with mozzarella cheese, and your chosen toppings.
- Place back on the grate, grilling with the lid closed for about 8-10 more minutes.
- Remove carefully, serve immediately and enjoy!