Use this recipe to create the perfect summer mojito marinade. Try it out on grilled meats, as a mojito sauce for fresh fish or as a tangy dressing for salads.
- ¼ cup garlic, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups orange juice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
- Combine garlic, onions, orange juice, lemon juice and lime juice in a bowl.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil, and then add in your garlic mixture and let simmer until garlic and onions are soft.
- Stir in sea salt, pepper, cilantro, mint and basil.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and combine.
- Let the marinade cool to room temperature, then use with your favorite meats. Refrigerate any unused marinade for another time, or even try it tossed on fresh salads or veggies.