Feeling a little sweet… and spicy? This margarita variation adds extra sweetness with pineapple and vanilla, plus a kick of spicy heat with jalapeno, to make this already delicious drink extra flavorful.
JALAPENO-INFUSED TEQUILA INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup silver tequila
- 1 jalapeno, sliced into rings
JALAPENO PINEAPPLE MARGARITA INGREDIENTS
- 3 oz. jalapeno-infused tequila
- 1 oz. triple sec
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 3 limes
- 4 tbsp. agave to taste
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Crushed ice
- Coarse salt, for the glass
- To make the jalapeno-infused tequila, add tequila and jalapeno to a clean, lidded container. Shake to combine and allow mixture to infuse 12-24 hours, depending on how spicy you prefer. Strain the jalapenos and discard. The infused tequila will keep good up to one year in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Core and peel your pineapple, and then slice into 1” thick rings. Grill pineapple for 4-5 minutes per size, until grill marks develop and the fruit begins to soften. Remove and let cool in the refrigerator.
- In a blender, add jalapeno-infused tequila, triple sec, four slices of pineapple, juice of two limes, agave, vanilla extract and water. Blend until smooth, then strain to remove pineapple pulp.
- Rub the rim of two glasses with lime, then dip rims in salt. Add crushed ice and pour half of the mixture in each glass. Garnish with the remaining pineapple and lime. Cheers!