Often only considered for decoration or pies, pumpkin makes a healthy and delicious side dish to any meal. For this recipe, choose a ‘sugar’ or ‘pie’ pumpkin, the smaller cousin of the larger carving pumpkins. These have firm, sweet flesh with a consistency perfect for grilling.
PREP TIME10 - 15 min
COOK TIME30 min
TOTAL TIME45 min
- 1 medium sugar pumpkin
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Wash pumpkin well, then cut vertically into ¾” slices, removing seeds.
- Brush both sides of pumpkin with olive oil, and then sprinkle with thyme, rosemary and sea salt.
- Grill for about 5 minutes per side, or until pumpkin is tender and grill marks appear.
- Remove and serve immediately.
Want to use the pumpkin seeds too? Check out our Grilled Pumpkin Spice Pumpkin Seeds Recipe.