What’s the one thing that can make a guacamole even better? Grilling! This fresh, simple recipe uses traditional guacamole ingredients, but begins with charring them on the grill grate to add a smoky, complex flavor. Eat on tacos, burgers, chicken, chips… or just by the spoonful.
- 4 avocados, halved and pitted
- ½ red onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 limes, halved
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Brush avocado, onions, jalapenos and limes generously with olive oil, then grill for about 10 minutes or until char marks appear, turning the peppers throughout.
- Scoop out the avocado, chop and put in a bowl.
- Peel jalapenos, remove seeds, dice and add to the avocado bowl.
- Dice the onion and add to the bowl.
- Squeeze lime into the bowl, then add the cilantro, salt and pepper, stirring or mashing to desired consistency.