We think this classic comfort food is best baked on a skillet. Fire up the grill and try this delicious cast iron skillet baked ziti recipe.
PREP TIME5 - 10 min
COOK TIME30 min
TOTAL TIME40 min
- 3 ½ cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 lb. ziti
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 ½ tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Cook ziti according to package directions and drain. Be careful not to overcook.
- Stir spaghetti sauce, tomatoes and ricotta cheese in a large bowl. Add in ziti and 1 cup of mozzarella. Mix until ziti is evenly coated in sauce and ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer to a large skillet. Top with remaining mozzarella and parmesan.
- Grill covered on high heat for 25-30 minutes and until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!