Skip the carbs and go for these easy to make shrimp kabobs instead. The savory flavor of protein-packed grilled shrimp paired with the tartness of lemons will make a delicious addition to any salad or meal.
Makes: 10 servings
- 2 ½ lbs. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter and stir in lemon juice, garlic, basil, oregano and thyme for about 2 minutes. Then add in salt and pepper, to taste.
- Thread shrimp onto kabob skewers and brush with lemon-butter mixture.
- Grill shrimp kabobs over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and brush again with lemon-butter mixture. Garnish with parsley and serve.