Light, fluffy and sweet these little fritters are a yummy twist on traditional pumpkin pie. Perfect as a light dessert – or even snack – they are delectable served warm with a little powdered sugar, whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream!
Remember when frying to always lower your foods gently into the oil to avoid splashing, fry in batches to ensure the oil stays at the proper temperature and follow all propane-powered fryer safety precautions.
PREP TIME10 - 15 min
COOK TIME30 min
TOTAL TIME45 min
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin, mashed and drained or 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Mix pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until fully combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice, and stir until batter becomes smooth but thick.
- Gently drop the mixture by the tablespoon into the oil and fry at 350 for 1-2 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Use a large spider strainer to carefully remove fritters from the hot oil, let drain over a paper towel, and repeat until all batter is fried.
- Serve warm and enjoy – these are delicious sprinkled with powdered sugar, too!
For another fun fried dish, try our Crispy Corn Fritters Recipe.