Leave the boring corn behind and serve these homemade corn fritters instead! Put a spin in a Thanksgiving classic with deep fried corn fritters even the kids will love.
Remember when frying to always lower your foods gently into the oil to avoid splashing, fry in batches to ensure the oil stays at the proper temperature and follow all propane-powered fryer safety precautions.
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- Remove corn kernels from each corn cob and set aside.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Whisk milk and egg together in a separate bowl. Mix wet mixture into dry mixture until combined.
- Stir in corn kernels until evenly mixed.
- Gently drop the mixture by the tablespoon into the oil and fry at 350 for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Use a large spider strainer to carefully remove fritters from the hot oil, let drain over a paper towel, and repeat until all batter is fried.
- Serve and enjoy!