What’s the one thing that could make cheese and beer fondue better? Your grill. This recipe is easy to make, yet guaranteed to impress your whole party.
- 1 large round loaf of bread
- 1/3 lb. cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 lb. Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/3 lb. Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup of your favorite lager
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Dipping items like bread chunks, grilled veggies, grilled meats, etc.
- Prep fondue bread bowl by cutting a circle on top of the loaf and scooping out the middle, leaving about ½ inch thick wall. Set aside left over bread from inside the loaf and cut into chunks for dipping.
- Mix together grated cheeses, softened cream cheese, beer, garlic, salt and pepper then pour into bread bowl.
- Wrap bread bowl in 2-3 layers of loose tin foil and place on grill set to medium heat. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted enough.
- Unwrap bread bowl, serve with bread chunks and enjoy!
- Looking for an even more even more delicious cheese-covered snack? Try dipping bacon-wrapped potato wedges!