This dish may be meatless, but that doesn't mean it’s not hearty and satisfying. Grill up some healthy eggplant, and then top with a slice of gooey cheese, herbaceous pesto and savory pickle slices for a delicious take on a traditional burger.
- 1 eggplant
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 oz. halloumi cheese
- 4 burger buns
- 4 tbsp. pesto
- Lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, or your other favorite condiments
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Slice the eggplant into ½ inch thick rounds, then brush with olive oil and vinegar, and shake with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the eggplant slices for about 6 minutes per side.
- Grill the halloumi cheese for about 2 minutes per side.
- For some extra fun, grill thin slices of pickle for about 2 minutes per side, too.
- Assemble the burgers by adding the eggplant, halloumi, pickles or other condiments, and a teaspoon of pesto. Add top bun and dig in!