What this recipe lacks in meat, it makes up for in fiber, antioxidants, Vitamin C… and flavor! Fire up the grill and try this sweet Mediterranean dish tonight.
PREP TIME5 - 10 min
COOK TIME8 min
TOTAL TIME18 min
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1 pomegranate
- ½ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice the eggplants lengthwise about 1 inch thick. Brush them with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper.
- Heat the grill to medium-high and grill the slices for about 3-4 minutes per side, allowing them to get golden brown with grill marks. Set aside.
- To make the yogurt sauce, combine yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, 1 tbsp. cilantro, salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir together gently.
- To serve, top the eggplant slices with a dollop of yogurt sauce, then sprinkle with remaining cilantro and pomegranate seeds.