This cheesy and easy deep dish pizza recipe is sure to be a hit. All you need is a cast-iron skillet, your grill, and a few simple ingredients, making it an easy and tasty recipe for any occasion.
PREP TIME5 - 10 min
COOK TIME25 min
TOTAL TIME35 min
- 1 package pre-made pizza dough
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 8 oz. sliced low moisture mozzarella
- 5-6 slices thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- Freshly grated parmesan
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- Coat the bottom and sides of a cast iron skillet with butter or another non-stick cooking spray.
- Place risen dough in the skillet and gently press flat to the edges and up the sides of the pan.
- Begin topping pizza with a base layer of evenly dispersed slices of fresh mozzarella.
- Add provolone, cheddar and colby jack cheeses in desired order and top with pizza sauce.
- Add fresh grated parmesan and shredded mozzarella for a final topping.
- Place skillet on a closed grill set to high heat, and cook for about 25 minutes or until dough is cooked to desired crispiness and cheese has started to brown on top.