Cook up some clams and give your backyard barbecue an instant beach bash vibe, even without the sand. This simple recipe makes a quick, savory appetizer with the fresh flavors of the sea.
PREP TIME5 - 10 min
COOK TIME8 min
TOTAL TIME18 min
- 30 littleneck clams, in the shell
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. dill, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Preheat grill to high.
- Combine butter with parsley, dill, garlic and lemon juice, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Place clams on grate and close the lid, grilling about 7-8 minutes until they open. Discard any clams that did not open!
- Carefully remove the clams from the grill with tongs and place on a platter. Add a little herb butter to each clam, allow to melt and serve.