Savory and bright, this marinade combines traditional Asian flavors into one perfect blend. We suggest a mixture of two or more citrus juices for a smooth balance, using a sweeter and milder fruit like orange or yuzu, paired with a more tart and tangy fruit like lemon or lime. This citrus soy marinade is wonderful for grilled chicken, meaty fish like tuna or swordfish and even a thinly-sliced beef cut like flank steak.
Recipe Difficulty: Easy
Course: Entrée, Appetizer
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup mixed citrus juice (orange, grapefruit, yuzu, lemon, lime, etc.)
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- Add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Transfer marinade to a large resealable bag and add preferred protein; let marinate for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Remove protein when marinated and grill until cooked.
For more delicious marinade ideas, check out our Marinade Of The Month recipes.
Cooking With Propane