Peppers and onions and chicken, oh my! Combine fresh fajita ingredients in this skillet classic for an easy, delicious meal that will really spice up your life.
Makes: 1 skillet
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 bell peppers, sliced vertically
- 1 large onion, sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 6 soft tortillas
- Mix olive oil, lime juice, cumin and red pepper flakes together in a large bowl. Add chicken breast, making sure to completely coat with marinade, and let sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Grill chicken breasts on high for 8 minutes per side, or until fully-cooked. Slice into strips and set aside.
- Add peppers and onions to a large skillet and grill for 5-10 minutes or until soft. Stir in chicken to combine all ingredients.
- Serve immediately with warm tortillas and your favorite fajita toppings.