Stuffed peppers are always delicious – but using three cheeses and southwestern flavors makes these hearty stuffed peppers extra-extra amazing. Whip up a batch to leave your tailgate party completely satisfied.
- 4 large peppers, cut in half and seeded
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup onions, diced
- 1 lb. ground meat (beef, turkey, chicken)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 can corn kernels, drained
- 2 limes
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese
- ½ cup cream cheese
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- As quinoa cooks, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and onions, cooking about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in ground meat, chili powder, salt and pepper, stirring the mixture until meat is cooked through.
- Add in cooked quinoa, corn, juice of two limes, cilantro and all cheeses, stirring until just combined; remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Brush the outside of peppers halves lightly with olive oil, then stuff with the cheese mixture.
- Grill the stuffed peppers for 6-7 minutes over medium high, until the cheese bubbles and there are grill marks on the bottom of the peppers.
- Carefully remove and serve immediately!