Add some serious flavor to your Cinco de Mayo fiesta (or any BBQ)! Juicy carne asada paired with a crisp yet simple Mexican beer marinade will give everyone a reason to celebrate.
PREP TIME1 hrs - 1 hrs 5 min
COOK TIME8 min
TOTAL TIME1 hrs 13 min
- 3 lbs. flank steak
- 2 ½ cups light Mexican beer
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Mix 2 cups of beer, lime juice, lemon juice garlic, onion and pepper in large bowl. Add flank steak and marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Remove steaks from marinade, pat dry, and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer leftover marinade in a saucepan over medium heat and add remaining beer. Bring to a boil until the mixture reduces by about half, and strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a small bowl. Mix in brown sugar and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill steak on high heat for 8 minutes or until it had the desired amount of pink.
- Place steaks on serving dish and drizzle with marinade sauce. Enjoy!