Two hearty comfort foods combine to form one delicious dish. Smoked brisket and savory, melted mac ‘n’ cheese over a toasted brioche bun will definitely take your BBQ game to the next level.
Servings: 6 sandwiches
- 3 lb. brisket
- 1/8 cup paprika
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 ½ tbsp. black pepper
- 6 brioche buns
MAC ‘N’ CHEESE INGREDIENTS
- ½ lb elbow macaroni
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Panko breadcrumbs, for topping
- 3 cups milk
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To prepare brisket, combine brown sugar, paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl. Trim off fat chunks and fat cap from brisket. Generously rub all sides with the spice mixture.
- Wrap brisket in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Before cooking, remove from refrigerator and allow to rest for at least one hour.
- To smoke brisket, please see our helpful video above for gas grill smoking tips, or grill as you prefer. (Hint: place a drip pan under brisket on indirect side of grill to create smoke.)
- After removing brisket from grill, wrap in foil and a few towels, then allow to rest for about 2 hours before slicing.
- While brisket is resting, prepare the mac ‘n’ cheese.
- Turn grill onto medium-low heat.
- In a cast iron skillet, add minced garlic and cook until browned. Then add in milk, broth, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper, to taste. Close grill lid until mixture begins to simmer.
- Add in elbow macaroni and close grill lid. Frequently lift grill lid to stir until noodles are al dente and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Begin to stir in Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses. Allow each handful of cheese to melt before adding in the next handful.
- Once all cheese has melted, sprinkle Parmesan cheese and panko bread crumbs over skillet. Close grill lid and allow to cook until bread crumbs are toasted.
- To serve, toast brioche buns on grill. Then top with brisket and mac ‘n’ cheese. Enjoy!