A few ingredients combine to make one seriously savory and satisfying breakfast hash. We’ve stuck to bacon and cheese, but this recipe is perfect for experimenting with different breakfast meats and added veggies.
Makes: 1 skillet
PREP TIME5 - 10 min
COOK TIME29 min
TOTAL TIME39 min
- 4 potatoes, shredded
- 4 large eggs
- 8 strips bacon
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Place cast iron skillet on grill and pre-heat to high.
- Place bacon strips on skillet, grilling 7-9 minutes, flipping and grilling another 3-5 minutes; remove from skillet, crumble and set aside.
- Add butter to bacon fat remaining in skillet, then mix in shredded potatoes. Grill for 15 minutes with the cover closed, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in bacon crumbles and cheese to potato mixture.
- Make four wells in mixture, cracking one egg into each.
- Grill mixture until eggs are done to your liking and potatoes have cooked through.
- Remove and serve immediately.