Mardi Gras…Fat Tuesday…Shrove Tuesday… Pancake Tuesday… Call it what you will, it’s a day perfect for a big, fluffy grilled ‘pancake’ covered in berries and topped with decadent chocolate sauce and sugar. Don’t go easy on this one, pile the good stuff and induge in the decadence. Learn how to grill a pancake is just a couple of easy steps!
Makes: 1 large pancake
PREP TIME5 - 10 min
COOK TIME35 min
TOTAL TIME45 min
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 cups mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries)
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Chocolate sauce, powdered sugar, whipped cream, etc. for serving
- Place a fire brick on the grate and preheat the grill to high.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, lemon zest and a pinch of salt. Add flour and milk, and then whisk all together until smooth. Gently fold in 2 cups of the berry mixture.
- In a 10” cast-iron skillet, melt the butter. Add the batter, spreading until even.
- Place the skillet on fire brick, reduce heat to medium, and bake 30-35 minutes until the edges and center are golden brown.
- Gently transfer onto a platter, and pile high with the remaining berries, chocolate sauce, powdered sugar and whipped cream before digging in!