Grilled salmon is anything but boring with this delicious marinade that’s easy enough for a weeknight meal!Grab a bottle of your favorite beer to start. We like a medium-bodied brew like an ale or pilsner, but feel free to experiment. Beer amps up the flavor of the marinade and helps to keep the fish moist while on the grill. A few more simple ingredients add salt, sweetness, and a bit of tang to the flavor. Finally, a fresh lemon wedge and a few red peppercorns as garnish finish a beautiful dish.
PREP TIME40 - 45 min
COOK TIME10 min
TOTAL TIME55 min
- 4 6 oz. fresh salmon filets, skinned
- 1 bottle beer
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1-2 sprigs fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tbsp. lemon juiced + lemon wedges for garnish
- 2 tbsp. red peppercorns, lightly crushed (optional)
- Add all ingredients but salmon, lemon slices and peppercorns to a bowl; whisk well to combine; reserve 2-3 tbsp marinade. Add remainder marinade and salmon filets to a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag and allow to marinate in the refrigerator ½ hour - 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high direct heat.
- Grill about 5 minutes per side, until just opaque. You can also use a fish basket for your grill, to make flipping easier.
- Remove from grill and immediately brush reserved marinade lightly over filets, garnish with red peppercorns and lemon wedges and then serve.
Want to make dinner cleanup easier using foil packets on the grill? Check out our Grilled Citrus Salmon recipe for the how-to.Cooking With Propane Go to blog list page filtered for the category Grilling American