Beer and brats? Yes please! Cooking brats in beer is easy with this simple recipe. Try adding some onions, mustard, and fresh basil to take this meal to the next level.
PREP TIME5 - 10 min
COOK TIME33 min
TOTAL TIME43 min
- 1 medium sized onion, sliced
- ½ stick butter, cut into chunks
- 6 bratwursts
- 3 bottles imperial stout
- Baguettes, sliced to 6 6”pieces
- Spicy brown or stone-ground mustard
- Fresh basil
- Combine onions, butter and brats in a grill-safe casserole dish. Pour beer over brats making sure they are fully submerged.
- Place filled casserole dish on grill and cook on medium high heat for 20-25 minutes, allowing beer to come to a boil.
- Remove brats from casserole dish and cook directly on grill for an additional 3-5 minutes on each side. Set grilled onions aside for later.
- Slice baguettes lengthwise to make 6 brat buns. Lay open faced on grill for 3 minutes or until lightly toasted and grill marks appear.
- Place brats on toasted baguettes and top each with mustard, grilled onions and basil.