Classic banana split ingredients come together in this favorite dessert, reimagined as a grilled sandwich. So instead of sharing a sundae, grab a sweets-loving friend, and grill up this ooey-gooey peanut butter twist on the traditional instead.
- 4 slices hearty white bread
- 2 tsp. butter
- 4 tsp. peanut butter
- 1 tsp. mini chocolate chips
- 2 large strawberries
- 1 banana, slices
- 2 tsp. crushed pineapple
- Powdered sugar
- Place a large cast-iron skillet on the grate, close the lid, and preheat grill on medium-high.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter.
- On plain side of 2 slices of bread, spread the peanut butter, then top with banana slices, strawberry slices, crushed pineapple and chocolate chips; top with remaining slices of bread with the buttered side up.
- Place sandwiches on the hot skillet, grilling about 6-8 minutes, flipping once during grilling. Remove, top with powdered sugar and dig in!