Combine the sweet, tender meat of a sea scallop with salty, crispy bacon for one of the most delicious combos around. Bacon-Wrapped Scallops use only a few ingredients and are quick to assemble and to grill, but they make quite a statement. Make a tray for elegant appetizers that are sure to be a party favorite. Or serve as the main entrée – we love these paired with a side of grilled asparagus and creamy risotto.
PREP TIME10 min
COOK TIME10 min
TOTAL TIME20 min
- 12 large sea scallops
- 6-12 bacon strips
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp parsley, minced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- If using wooden skewers, soak for 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Rinse scallops in cold water and pat gently dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Grill bacon on bacon rack or grill-safe pan about 4-5 minutes, or until bacon is about halfway cooked but still pliable. The number of strips to use will depend on their thickness. Use one strip of bacon per scallop if thin or cut strips in half lengthwise if thick so as not to overwhelm the delicate scallop flavor.
- Wrap bacon around scallop and secure with skewer.
- Melt butter and mix with garlic and parsley; brush mixture lightly over each bacon-wrapped scallop.
- Over medium heat, grill 6-8 minutes until bacon is just crisp and scallops are opaque – don’t over grill!
- Remove and serve immediately.
Looking for some more bacon-wrapped apps? Check out our Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus recipe.