Tex-Mex Burger with Cajun Mayo
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tsp Cajun seasoning
1 1/3 pounds ground beef sirloin
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
½ cup diced white onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
4 slices pepperjack cheese
4 hamburger buns, split
4 leaves lettuce
4 slices tomato
1. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the ground sirloin, jalapeno pepper, onion, garlic, 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce using your hands. Divide into 4 balls and flatten into patties.
3. Lightly oil the grilling surface and place the patties on the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until well done. During the last 2 minutes, lay a piece of cheese on top of each patty. Spread the seasoned mayonnaise onto the insides of the buns. Put burgers in the buns, and top with lettuce and tomato to serve.
Grilled Corn on the Cob
6 ears corn
6 tbsp butter, softened
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
2. Peel back corn husks and remove silk. Place 1 tbsp butter, salt and pepper on each piece of corn. Clock husks.
3. Wrap each ear of corn tightly in aluminum foil. Place on the prepared grill. Cook approximately 30 minutes, turning occasionally, until corn is tender.