Spring Grilled Chicken with Cilantro Butter
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp Gustus Vitae spicy chocolate cinnamon cane sugar
½ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
Cilantro Lime Butter
1/3 cup butter, melted
¼ cup minced fresh cilantro
2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
1 tbsp lime juice
1 serrano pepper, finely chopped
1/8 tp pepper
1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Brush over chicken.
2. Place chicken skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 15 minutes. Turn; grill 20-25 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the butter ingredients. Drizzle over chicken before serving.
Baked Asparagus with Balsamic Butter
1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Arrange the asparagus on a baking sheet. Coat with cooking spray, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Bake asparagus 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until tender.
4. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Pour over the baked asparagus to serve.