Having friends over to watch the big game? Ditch the take-out and fire up that grill for a unique spin on classic game day favorites!
GRILLED BUFFALO CHICKEN WINGS
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
For the Wings:
3 lbs. chicken wings
1 1/2tsp. kosher salt
1/2tsp. black pepper
Vegetable oil, for grill
For the Buffalo Sauce:
6 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. Frank’s Red Hot Original
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. chili powder
3/4 tsp. sugar
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Season the wings with salt and pepper.
- Using grill tongs, dip a wad of paper towel in oil and carefully rub on the grill grate until glossy and coated. Grill the wings, covered, flipping occasionally, until they’re golden brown, crispy and completely cooked through, about 20 minutes. Keep a close eye on the grill: if there are flare-ups or the wings begin to burn, move them to a cooler part of the grill or reduced the heat. You don’t want grill marks on the wings; just a nice and even golden-brown color.
- While the wings are cooking, combine the butter and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl. Cooke for about one minute in the microwave until the butter is melted. Stir in hot sauce, salt, onion powder, chili powder and sugar. Set aside.
- Once wings are finished cooking, dip in the sauce and serve immediately.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
1 lb. pizza dough
1/2 to 1 cup tomato sauce
Toppings of your choice
- Heat your grill. You should heat it quite hot (aim for at least 550°F) and set it up so the pizza is over direct heat.
- Set up a table or bench near the grill so you have easy access to your ingredients and toppings.
- Next, you’ll want to prep your dough. It should be stretched or rolled into a thin circle. Once you’ve rolled your dough, brush one side with olive oil. This will be the side that you will lay down on the grill.
- Take the lid off the grill and lay the dough on the grill, olive oil side down. Bruch the top of the dough with a thin layer of olive oil. Let the dough cook for about 3 minutes, with the lid off, or 1 to 2 minutes with the lid on. Use tongs to lift up the dough from time to time, checking on how it’s doing. You’ll want grill marks, but you don’t want the dough to get crispy; it should be just set.
- Flip the dough over with tongs or a spatula. The dough should come up easily and flip without tearing. You’ll want to top the pizza quickly. Spread a thin layer of sauce, some cheese and toppings. It shouldn’t be too heavily loaded, or the pizza won’t cook well. Close the lid and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and check the pizza. The edges should be crisp and well-done, and the cheese should all be melted. Use spatula to remove pizza from grill. Let the pizza sit for 3 minutes, then cut into pieces and eat!
GRILLED PEACHES WITH ICE CREAM
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 4 minutes
2 ripe peaches
2 ripe nectarines
8 large scoops vanilla ice cream
Sea salt, optional
- Heat grill to medium-high heat
- Brush the peach and nectarine halves with a touch of oil and place on the grill for a few minutes, and then rotate 90 degrees and continue to cook for about 3-4 minutes or until grill marks appear and fruit begins to caramelize.
- Remove from the grill with a pair of tongs and serve with a scoop of ice cream on top. Top with honey and sea salt to taste.