Prep Time: 5 min GùÅ Total Time: 20 min GùÅ Yield: 4 servings
¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
1 large bunch kale, stemmed, with leaves coarsely chopped
½ c. vegetable stock, white wine or water
Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper and red-pepper flakes to taste
2 tbsp. red-wine vinegar
1. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan set over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add garlic, and cook until soft.
2. Add kale to the pan, turn the heat to high and add the stock. Use a spoon to toss the greens in the oil and stock, then cover and cook for approximately 5 to 7 minutes, until it is soft and wilted, but still quite green. Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until all the liquid has evaporated, about 1 to 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and peppers, add vinegar and toss to combine.
Prep Time: 5 min GùÅ Total Time: 1 hr 15 min GùÅ Yield: 4 servings
¼ c. honey
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. red pepper flakes
8 (½-inch) bone-in pork chops (about 3 oz. each)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Begin by making the marinade. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, oil, vinegar, cumin and red pepper flakes.
2. Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper and place in a re-sealable plastic bag with the marinade. Let rest on the counter for 1 hour.
3. Heat your grill (or grill pan) over medium heat. Remove the pork chops from the bag and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on the grill and cook until the pork chop releases from the grill, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side for another 3 minutes. If using a grill pan, be sure to do in batches so you don’t steam the chops. And don’t worry if you have neither. You can do this in a pan!
Prep Time: 15 min GùÅ Total Time: 15 min GùÅ Yield: 4 servings
8 cinnamon graham crackers, crumbled
2 c. plain yogurt (or Greek yogurt)
¾ c. sweetened condensed milk
2 pomegranates, deseeded
1. Divide graham cracker crumbs among 4 glasses or small jars.
2. Mix yogurt and sweetened condensed milk in a bowl, add more condensed milk if you want your mixture to be sweeter.
3. Divide half of the mixture among the jars on top of the crumbs.
4. Cover with some pomegranates.
5. Repeat the layers and top with pomegranates. Serve cold.
Go to blog list page filtered for the category