Transform a loaf of bread into everyone’s favorite game day dish from the comfort of your tailgate. Just add pizza sauce, cheese and your favorite veggies to an Italian loaf for a quick and easy snack.
Servings: 6 slices
- 1 large loaf, halved
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 green pepper, sliced thinly
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- To prep pizzas, cut loaf of bread in half and scoop out the inners to create two boats. Add pizza sauce to each half and top with mozzarella cheese, red onion, red and green peppers, and a pinch of red pepper flakes, to taste.
- Turn grill onto medium-high heat.
- Wrap each half in foil and place on grill. Close lid and cook pizzas until the crust is toasted and the cheese melts.
- Remove from grill and allow the pizza to cool before serving. Enjoy!