Stuff yourselves with this tasty appetizer. Sweet Italian sausage, mozzarella, and peppers and onions simmered in your favorite lager will start any meal off right.
PREP TIME17 - 20 min
COOK TIME10 min
TOTAL TIME30 min
- 12 oz. favorite lager beer
- 1 lb button mushrooms
- ½ box stuffing mix
- ¼ cup green peppers, diced
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp. Sriracha
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Fresh parsley, optional for serving
- ¼ tsp. chili powder, optional for serving
- In a large sauté pan, add sausage and cook for about 5 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally. Once cooked, remove from pan and let cool. Crumble the sausages and set aside for later.
- Add peppers and onions to pan, and cook for about 2 minutes. Then add in beer and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover pan. Let onions and peppers simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Drain pan, leaving just the peppers and onions and set aside.
- Prepare stuffing mix according to instructions on package.
- In a large bowl, combine stuffing mix, peppers, onions, crumbled sausage, mozzarella cheese and Sriracha, and mix together.
- Remove stems and wipe away any dirt from mushrooms.
- Stuff mushroom caps with the mixture.
- Turn grill onto medium heat.
- Brush olive oil over grill grates.
- Add mushrooms to grill, stuffing side up, and cook for about 5 minutes with the lid closed. After 5 minutes, turn the mushrooms half way and cook for another 5 minutes with the lid closed. Reduce grill heat if mushrooms begin to brown too much on the bottom.
- Remove mushrooms from grill.
- To serve, top with a pinch of chili powder and fresh parsley, if desired. Enjoy!