Transform your drumsticks into yumsticks with this marinade combination of sweet lambic beer and savory Asian spices. This simple recipe will turn your regular grilled chicken into something special. Original Recipe
PREP TIME45 min
COOK TIME30 min
TOTAL TIME1 hrs 15 min
- 3 12-ounce bottles raspberry lambic
- 15 chicken drumsticks
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tsp. ginger, minced
- 1 tsp. Chinese five-spice powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- In a pan, bring the lambic to a boil, then turn to low and simmer about 45 minutes. Once fully reduced, there will be about ½ cup.
- Stir in hoisin, ginger, five-spice powder, salt and pepper, until the mixture thickens.
- Heat grill to medium, then add chicken to grate. Brush with sauce, grill, turn and repeat for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through and covered in sauce.
- Place chicken on serving dish and enjoy!